- Departments R - Z
- Electronics Recycling
Free Event - Electronics Collection & Paper Shredding
Saturday, June 24 9 a.m. to noon 1426 Commerce St.
*If capacity allows, residents can return with two additional boxes after 11:30 a.m.
Used computer equipment, also known as e-waste, is one of the fastest growing sources of solid waste in Texas and across the country. The State of Texas encourages everyone to support the state’s economy and the environment by repairing, reselling, donating, or recycling used electronics.
Where Can I Recycle Electronics?
- Garland residents can recycle computer equipment at no cost at the Dallas County Home Chemical Collection Center, 11234 Plano Road, Dallas, TX 75243with proof of residency in the form of a driver’s license or current utility bill. Call 214-553-1765 to check on hours of operation.
- Garland residents can also recycle Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) such as paint, lawn and garden chemicals, and pool chemicals at the Dallas County Home Chemical Collection Center.
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality has a Texas Recycles TVs Program and a Texas Recycles Computer. State of Texas House Bill (HB) 2714, which requires computer manufacturers selling in the state to establish free and convenient programs to collect and recycle their own brands of desktops, laptops, and monitors sold to consumers.
- Goodwill Industries and Dell Computers have partnered to create RECONNECT, a free program for consumers to reuse and responsibly recycle unwanted electronics. Bring your equipment to your local Goodwill store. Proceeds from the resale value of donations are returned to Goodwill Industries to support the mission of creating job opportunities for individuals with barriers to employment.
- Visit the Reconnect Partnership website for more information.
- Please note that Goodwill no longer accepts televisions.
- Retailers such as Staples, Best Buy and Office Depot recycle some electronic equipment. Please visit their websites for lists of what they accept for recycling and any fees that may apply.
- Watch our News and Events and Garland City Press for scheduled citywide electronics collection events.